Centre of Aviation & Security Studies
CASS manages a portfolio of education courses for aviation management to support the continued professional development of staff in Emirates Group and partner organisations. The centre is home to various diploma programs run by Edith Cowan University (www.ecu.edu.au) through Emirates Group Security. These include the Diploma in Aviation Security Management and the Diploma in Ground Handling. These diplomas are awarded under the Australian and Commonwealth University guidelines.
In addition to its education services, CASS is also developing a research capacity with the aim of it becoming a regional hub for research into security and aviation. The centre will be home to several research projects in this field and will work with collaborators from the UK, Australia and Singapore. This research element of CASS will be developed further over the next few years.
Some of the short and tertiary courses run by CASS are outlined below :
- Aviation Security Management Program
- Basic Aviation Security for Security & Law Enforcement Administrators
- Recognition of Explosives & Offensive Weapons & Bomb Threat Handling
- Basic Cargo Security
- Introduction to Forgery Detection
- Profile Screening
- Hijack Management
- Aviation Security Crisis Management
- Certified Security Guard Training (Department of Protective Services-DPS)
Edith Cowan University
|Recognised by||Awarded by|